Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Restaurant Review: Sah Modern Mediterranean, North Adelaide SA

I'm so glad we tried this place out because the food was really good. As the name says, it serves modern mediterranean dishes. The restaurant was very busy when we went there and was booked out. The menu was quite intensive and after a few minutes we decided to go with some tapas for entree and share a combination paella for mains.


tapas (left to right)
soft shell crab tempura in chili & smoked paprika & couscous
sauteed chorizo, sultanas with pedro ximenez glaze
fried scampi tails in garlic cream, spring onions & couscous
The tapas (photo above) came out fairly quickly considering the place was packed. The dishes looked appetizing and it tasted as good as it looked. My favorite was the scampi. It was juicy and cooked to perfection. I was very surprised at how they've incorporated the couscous in the dish and I think it worked really well. My second preference was the crab, similar to the scampi, it was cooked well. Wouldn't consider it as tempura as such but the flavors were great. The chorizo was really good too, would have been better with a little more sweetness though, just to balance out the spice.

combination paella
I was looking forward to the paella the most. It is quite hard to get a really good paella in town and I was hoping that this could be the one. For me, it was ok, not the best I have eaten but at least the flavors were there and the seafood were cooked well. My search for an authentic paella in Adelaide continues.

The verdict, I really like this place. The atmosphere is lively yet not too casual and the food is great. Definitely coming back to Sah to try more of their dishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment